Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How It All Began & Why

I'm Neil Russell. I'm 23, live in Edinburgh in Scotland and seriously unsure whether anyone will even be reading this!! But if you are, thank you. My intentions with this blog are to record my thoughts and experiences of being a below knee amputee taking on kayaking. When I go on to talk about "Day 1", i really mean day 1!! I went kayaking for the first time LAST NIGHT!! I thought it was about time I got back doing some sport and getting fit and basically enjoying something. I know how nervous I was last night (and even more so leading up to it!) but i really want to show (especially to myself at the moment) that as an amputee i can go on to do well at such a sport. By using this blog as an online diary of sorts, I hope to have a record of my improvements in kayaking. Months (maybe years) from now I hope to look back and see how I have improved and this record of thoughts and achievements will hopefully help. Please feel free to leave any comments at all related to anything I talk about, believe me I will go on rants no doubt! I plan to give a day by day account of my experiences with kayaking as well as a variety of my thoughts on many things including my life and the experiences I have already had (and the many I hope to have). Anyway that's enough for now, now I'm gonna tart my blog page up a bit! Stay tuned for.....well something!

No comments: